Looking for a hearty and healthy weekend breakfast idea? Look no further, we have a great egg recipe for you. This wonderful Indian recipe for masala egg paratha is perfect. Watch this how to video and learn how make this egg paratha for your breakfast.
Basic Chapati/Paratha Dough
Eggs - 1 for every 2 Paratha
Tomatoes - Finely chopped (to taste)
Onions - Finely chopped (to taste)
Cilantro - Finely chopped (to taste)
Green Chilies - Finely chopped (to taste)
Salt - to taste
Any or all of the following (to taste):
Red Chili Powder
For the Cheese version, add any kind of shredded cheese (preferably one that melts). For kids, you can add only cheese to the beaten eggs.
1. Beat eggs and mix all of the above ingredients (except dough) together with the beaten
eggs. Keep aside.
2. Roll out a golf ball size portion of dough into a 4-5 inch disc. Dip into dry flour to prevent it from sticking to the surface.
3. Coat a thin layer of oil on the disc and sprinkle dry flour onto it.
4. Fold the disc into a semi-circle, coat another thin layer of oil and sprinkle dry flour on it.
5. Fold the semi-circle into a triangle, dip it into dry flour and roll it out into a larger triangle.
6. Place triangle onto a hot tava and flip it once bubbles appear.
7. Wait another 20-30 seconds until it starts to puff up. With a butter knife, gently open up the top layer of the triangle to form a pocket.
8. Pour in approx. 1/2 egg worth of mixture into the pocket and close it.
9. Allow it to cook on low flame for 20-30 seconds and gently flip it without letting all of the egg mixture spill out. A little will ooze out but that's ok.
10. Cook once again, pressing slightly until all of the raw egg is cooked inside.
11. Serve immediately or keep in an insulated container until ready to serve.
12. Tastes great with ketchup or chutney.
Have an iPhone? Check out all 200+ new features coming in iOS 13.