Quiche is a great breakfast, but doesn't need to be just a breakfast meal. It's great for lunch and brunches, too, and even dinner if you so desire. So check out this video recipe to learn how to make a homemade quiche casserole dish.
Straight from the kitchen of the Harding House Inn in Cambridge is this homey quiche recipe that is perfect for any occasion from Sunday brunch to a party or picnic. The finishing touches of smoked salmon and herbed goat cheese add great flavors, textures and colors to the dish and will wow your guests for sure. Next they'll be asking if they can rent a room in your home.
* 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 1½ cups of heavy cream
* ¾ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp black pepper
* 1½ cups grated cheddar and herb cheese
* ¾ cup grilled mushrooms
* ½ cup grilled spinach (or shredded zucchini, red pepper)
* 1½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
* 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
* 1 package smoked salmon
1. Prepare buttered casserole dish by covering with 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2. Grill spinach and mushrooms, cool to room temperature, drain any liquid
3. Mix eggs, cream, salt, pepper. Add grated cheese, mushrooms and spinach to egg mix
4. Add 1½ tsp of dried or 2½ tsp fresh chives. Fold in ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly. (Breadcrumbs should include rosemary among other herbs.) Mixture will be thick and grainy like cornbread batter. Pour and spread evenly into the casserole dish to 1½ inch thickness
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until deep golden brown but not dark. When finished it will look firm like cornbread. Finished pieces should be moist but not mushy
6. Let cool 5 minutes or slightly less. While it is cooling, warm the goat cheese in the oven until soft and creamy, 2-3 minutes
7. Remove the casserole from the oven, slice into squares, cut crusts off the corner pieces. Top with smoked salmon and a dollop of goat cheese. Garnish with cher
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.