Breakfast doesn't have to be boring old cereal and milk. Make some eggs. But again, don't take the boring route. Try out this video recipe on how to make goat cheese omelets for two. Goat cheese brings that extra special flavor to the omelets that regular cheese can't match.
At Union Street Inn on Nantucket, they feed you well at breakfast so you'll be fortified for a full day of biking, beaching and strolling the cobblestone streets. This omelette recipe gives you creative tips to make your omelette round so you can fit fruit and a croissant on the plate too. Now that's a full breakfast!
* 5 large eggs
* 2 tsp unsalted butter for pan
* 1 tbsp light cream
* 1 tbsp fresh chopped chives
* 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
* 2 tbsp mild, creamy goat cheese, divided into two portions
* pinch of salt
* sprinkle of fresh chives & dill for garnish
1. Whisk together eggs and cream in a bowl until frothy
2. Pour into heated pan with melted butter. Add fresh herbs and pinch of salt. When egg mixture starts to bubble and becomes firm around edges, crumble goat cheese onto each half of egg mixture
3. Using two silicone spatulas, divide egg mixture into two portions, gently rolling and cooking until beautifully browned, round and fluffy
4. Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh herbs