For a Mother's Day meal try this easy-to-make cheese sandwich egg souffle. Our host got her recipe from her grandmother, but now she is passing it on to you. Try cooking up this recipe for cheese sandwich souffle.
Ingredients for cheese sandwich souffle:
* 8 slices homemade-style white bread, 3 to 4 inches square, crusts removed
* 1/4 pound thinly sliced cheese (Muenster, provolone, fontina or Gruyere)
* 2 ounces prosciutto or boiled ham, thinly sliced, optional
* 3 large eggs
* 2 cups whole milk
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking dish and arrange 4 slices of the bread flat on the bottom. Cover each with equal amounts of cheese and ham, if desired. Top with the remaining bread.
Beat the eggs lightly in a small bowl and pour in the milk. Season with the salt and blend well. Pour over the sandwiches, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the sandwiches, uncovered, until lightly browned around the edges and set in the center, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades