Cracking an egg is a simple task once you have the technique down, so check out this video. Keep the shells out of your food!
No need to walk on eggshells if you're looking to make scrambled eggs or your favorite homemade cookies – take a crack at this simple task.
Step 1: Hold egg
Wash your hands and hold the egg in your favored hand between your middle finger and thumb, resting your first finger along the egg's side.
Step 2: Rap the egg
With one swift, decisive motion, rap the egg on a flat surface or the edge of the bowl or skillet to make a clean horizontal crack in the side of the egg.
TIP: Tapping softly several times causes the eggshell to break into smaller pieces, which means shell might end up in your meal.
Step 3: Separate egg
Use both of your thumbs to separate the shell on either side of the crack by pulling up and away at the crack.
Step 4: Drop egg into bowl
Let the contents of the egg fall into the bowl.
Step 5: Look for pieces of shell
Remove pieces of shell from the egg if necessary.
Did you know? Egg whites are low in saturated fat and cholesterol and high in protein.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades